Why Our Pub is Great
A historic location and family-friendly atmosphere makes The Waterwheel pub a great place to eat out in Port Glasgow. Bring Nan, Grandad, and the kids and enjoy tons of variety on our menu of pub favourites. Whether you’re here for a coffee and a slice of our legendary cake, or a full meal with the whole family, our friendly staff will make you want to visit again and again.
The Waterwheel in Port Glasgow is situated on the old East Yard shipbuilding site. We’re proud to stand on foundations that have seen the town’s most prosperous years, and we like to think that our own hard work celebrates the tradition of industry in the area. Come in to experience a warm Glaswegian welcome, and stay to enjoy a great-value meal with views of the Clyde.
From steak dinners to hearty pies, we’ve got enough comfort food on the menu to satisfy the crew of a steamboat. Experience world flavours and modern twists—all without leaving your seat! Our table servers do the hard work, so you don’t have to worry about a thing.
Our Pub Facilities
Kids Play Area
Safety is our Priority
Caring for our People Makes Sense
- Looking after our teams means they can look after you.
- This starts with providing our already fantastic teams with additional training to follow safe COVID-19 working procedures and regulations.
- Each day team members will complete a health screening questionnaire to confirm they are in good health prior to beginning work.
- We ask that you do your bit and respect our teams and any requests they have. It’s all with your safety in mind.
Keeping Social, whilst Social Distancing Makes Sense
Look out for additional signage in pub to establish safe, social distancing
This might include:
- Highlighting where and how you order at the bar
- Removing some tables to ensure comfortable social distancing can be maintained
- Managing capacity, meaning you may be asked to queue outside
Caring for you, your friends and family Makes Sense
- Hand sanitiser is available to use at every entrance for your peace of mind.
- Once inside we’re taking as many steps as possible to reduce contact
- Our menus will be used only once and are fully recyclable once you’ve finished with it
About our food
Our food is full of flavour, created and served by chefs who love what they do. We believe that great tastes should be at the heart of every meal, and we strive to bring you a menu that reflects the preferences of the whole family. From traditional roasts, to more modern options, healthy eaters to vegetarians, there’s plenty on our menu to satisfy everyone.
All of our ingredients are ethically sourced: like our Red Tractor farm-assured chicken and our responsibly-caught cod.View our Menus